The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is a world-class institution focused on research in basic sciences with the responsibility for the promotion, dissemination and support of science, especially in developing countries. It operates under the aegis of UNESCO and IAEA.
Deadline (midnight, Paris time): December 29, 2014
Under the supervision of the Head of the Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics Section, the incumbent will initiate and undertake world-class research and will assist the Head of the Section in the planning and implementation of its scientific activities. Essential responsibilities include:
- To initiate and undertake front-line research in Condensed Matter Physics, specifically in theoretical nano-physics, quantum computation, non-equilibrium quantum systems, and modelling of quantum many-body systems by atomic cold gases. To suggest, develop and realize scientific projects in Condensed Matter Physics. To maintain scientific contacts and be competitive with the best research centers in the corresponding fields worldwide. To supervise and coordinate the research work of postdoctoral research scientists.
- To coordinate activities of the section in the above areas.
- To assist the Head of the Section in the review of the applications of postdoctoral and other research visiting scientists, ICTP associates, and short-term and long-term visitors. To take responsibility for the visiting and training programmes in the areas of interest of the Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics Section.
- To lecture in the Diploma Course and the Joint ICTP-SISSA PhD Programmes. To supervise Diploma Course students, Joint ICTP-SISSA PhD students, STEP students and ICTP Associates.
- To meet regularly with ICTP visitors and discuss with them recent progress and perspectives in the above areas of Condensed Matter Physics and participate in joint Programmes with Italian institutions.
Gracias a Leni Bascones (ICMM-CSIC) por enviarnos el anuncio.