ICCRAM, The International Research Center of research in Critical Raw Materials for advanced industrial technologies within University of Burgos is looking for international candidates to work in high-level projects (EU-H2020, Industrial projects).
1) Description: ICCRAM is a new Excellence International Center hosted at the University of Burgos which develops activities in the following areas: Industrial Technology, Materials Science, Nanosafety, Materials Design, Efficiency Management, Energy efficiency, Eco-innovation and Critical Raw Materials substitution. ICCRAM is participating presently in 8 EU initiatives, networks and projects.
In this call, ICCRAM is focusing its attention on materials by design, genome materialsinitiatives and simulation activities. Particularly high-level DFT and ab-initio calculations expertise.
Knowledge in other related areas like Integrated computational engineering, Applied design of new materials and Multiscale modelling of new nanostructured materials with applications in engineering, will be a plus.
ICCRAM is seeking for applicants with significant accomplishments in any area of computational materials science and engineering and who are committed to excellence in research in a multidisciplinary environment, with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
The applicant should:
-Hold a PhD in any of the following disciplines (or related): Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Chemistry.
-Have an excellent level and record of publications on DFT and ab-initio calculations. Particular expertise in magnetic materials will be highly valuable.
-Experience in molecular/multiscale modelling of materials (FEM, MD, DFT, kMC or similar), and computer programming skills will be also considered. Experience with VASP is a plus.
– Previous experience of participation in EU-projects, with deliverables responsibility will be taken into account.
3) Description of the position:
– The fellowship will be for a period of two years.
– Salary: to be fixed depending on the experience of the candidate. Range 30.000-40.000€ gross/year.
– Further career plan will be discussed after the 2 years.
4) The application must include:
– Application letter including a statement of interests
– CV including details of research experience and list of publications
Application should be send to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com