The IV edition of the Course “Emergence of Quantum Phases in Novel Materials” will take place during the week 18th-22nd of September 2017 at the Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid (ICMM-CSIC). All the information can be found in the course webpage.
The goal of the course is to give an overview of the effect of interactions and topology in materials and low dimensional systems. The course was previously offered in 2013, 2014 and 2015. The present edition will include the most recent developments in the field.
The course will cover:
- Electronic correlations in Novel Materials: Fermi liquid theory, Mott, Hund and Luttinger physics.
- Broken symmetry phases: Magnetism and Superconductivity
- Classical and Quantum Phase Transitions.
- Kondo and heavy fermion physics
- Topological phases: topological insulators, Weyl semimetals and topological superconductivity
- 2D materials
How to register (It’s free!)