A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center’s focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory (Hochfeld-Magnetlabor Dresden, HLD) focuses on modern materials research in high magnetic fields.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems invites applications as PhD Student (m/f) in the field of Magnetic Refrigeration.
The position will be available from 1 January 2019. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- development of new experimental equipment
- measurements of the magnetic and magnetocaloric properties in pulsed-magnetic fields
- calorimetric measurements in static magnetic fields
- numerical simulations of the magnetocaloric cooling cycle
- very good university degree (Master/ Diploma) in physics with background in magnetism
- excellent hands-on experience in the development of new experimental setups
- strong engagement in original research, teamwork, and good communication skills
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team