GEFES is the Condensed Matter Physics Division of the Spanish Royal Physics Society (RSEF). Our mission is to give visibility to Condensed Matter Physics in Spain, to provide a means of networking within our community and to represent our members’ interests.
In order to accomplish these goals we organize various activities throughout the year and gather information of interest in this webpage. Among our activities we highlight the following:
- We organize our GEFES scientific meetings every two years. You can find information about all our meetings since 2001 here.
- Our best thesis in Condensed Matter Physics award has become a reference in the community since its first edition in 2012.
- We participate with a specialized symposium in the RSEF biennial meetings.
- We grant travel bursaries to our youngest members to encourage their participation in Condensed Matter Physics conferences.
- Every quarter we highlight in gefes-rsef.org the best paper published by a young GEFES member (up to 6 years after their PhD). The author of the best paper of the year is invited to give a talk in one of our scientific meetings.
In our webpage you can find information about research groups, job openings, conferences (with a special section highlighting the ones organized by our members), research news and open calls and members’ news.