Research Awards for Undergraduate Students 2021
The Condensed Matter Physics Division-GEFES of RSEF provides up to 8 awards amounting to 750 € (including taxes) for research works on Condensed Matter performed by undergraduate students under the supervision of GEFES members. The work by the students should start in July 2021. A report and a summary in Spanish for the general public of the work done should be submitted by the end of the year.
- Undergraduate students who have completed more than 70% of their degree credits after the May-June exams of this academic course, as well as students that have graduated this academic course (2020-2021).
- Students must choose a tutor among researchers who are members of GEFES.
- The performed work should be different from any previous work by the student (for example, work done for any particular subject of their undergraduate studies), but it can be a continuation of previous work.
- These awards are not compatible with simultaneous ones of similar characteristics.
- Tutors must hold a PhD, be members of GEFES and have a contract with a Research Institution or University in Spain.
- Each GEFES researcher can support the application of one student and only if they did not supervise a student on the previous call.
The deadline for applications is 21 June 2021. The candidates should send their application to email@example.com providing:
- Name and surname(s) of the candidate.
- Name, surname(s) and affiliation of the supervisor.
- Title of the research topic of their choice.
- Marks average supported by a copy of their academic certificate (expediente académico). The document should include information about ALL the subjects and credits passed up to the application date. The file must be named SURNAMES-NAME.pdf.
The tutor should be in copy of the email.
The evaluation committee will be composed by members of the GEFES board.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
The applications will be ranked following the applicants’ marks average in the academic certificate (expediente académico). The selection of the awardees will be notified by e-mail at the beginning of July. The payment will take place in July by bank transfer.
A report of the work performed with a maximum length of 5 pages plus a non-technical short summary in Spanish for the general public should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 2021 (deadline). The report and summary will be publicized at gefes-rsef.org.