An annual sum of €30,000 a year for a period of two years, paid through the WIS.
Fellowship start: between 2nd December 2019 until 14th February 2020.
- Candidates must have pursued their PhD in a Spanish or Portuguese university or research center in the disciplines of Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
- Researchers of any nationality are eligible to apply
- Proven academic excellence and outstanding PhD thesis, with the following conditions and restrictions:
- Candidates must have submitted their PhD thesis before commencing a postdoctoral position at the Weizmann;
- Proven scientific productivity.
iii. Evidence of potential in the research path of the fellow.
- Candidates must commence postdoctoral training within 5 years of the approval of their PhD, at the most.
Commitment of the P.I.
The research group will be responsible to supplement the above-mentioned fellowship with the balance necessary to reach 110% of the regular WIS fellowship, if necessary according to the exchange rate. The research group will also cover the standard postdoc travel allocation, and any other payments required for regular WIS postdocs that are not covered by the La Caixa fellowship.
October 23, 2019
- Updated CV and list of publications
- Certificate of PhD approval or thesis submission
- Title page of the PhD thesis
- research plan (up to 2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from the PhD advisor)
- Letter of commitment by the potential WIS host
- The best candidates may be invited to a face-to-face interview arranged by the Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Results will be announced by 29 November 2019
If you have colleagues abroad who mentor eligible Postdoctoral fellows or PhD students in a Spanish or Portuguese University or research center whose degree is about to be approved soon, then please suggest to them to encourage their students to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the fellowship as follows:
Apply to a postdoctoral status at the WIS through the FGS online application service
Send an e-mail of request for a username and password to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for the Weizmann Institute «la Caixa» Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships through the FGS online CALLs system
Your Content Goes Here