The Small Young Innovator Award recognizes outstanding, interdisciplinary scientific work in the development and fundamental understanding of nanoscience and nanotechnology by a young scientist or engineer. The award recipient must also show exceptional promise as a developing leader in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
· The nominee shall not have reached his/her 40th birthday by the time the award is received.
· The award will be presented to individual investigators who have conducted innovative interdisciplinary research demonstrating high levels of excellence and distinction in the fields of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
· Two investigators may be selected for the award in each year.
· The award winner will be selected on the basis of the outstanding quality, novelty and significance of the candidate’s research.
Establishment and support:
The 2015 award is jointly supported by National Centre for Nanoscience and Technology, China and Wiley-VCH.
Nominations for the «Small Young Innovator Award» must be submitted directly to SmallSciencesSymposium@wiley.com by 25 July 2015. Peer- and organizational- nominations are welcome, subject to the nominee agreeing to the nomination.
The submitted nomination package must include:
(1) A nomination letter (1 page)
(2) Curriculum Vitae (2-pages maximum) including birth date.
(3) List of significant publication history (2-pages maximum)
(4) Research summary statement highlighting key research discoveries and their impact (1 page)
(5) Letters of support from two established scientists familiar with the nominee’s qualifications and area of research.
The decision of the award committee is final and no enquires will be entertained.