The Institute of Solid State Physics at the Physics Faculty at TU Wien (Vienna, Austria) is offering a postdoctoral position in the field of oxide interface physics. The position can be extended to a maximum of 6 years. Expected start: Spring 2022.
The postdoctoral researcher will be working in the field of interface engineering of transition metal oxides. The research project will focus on the study of the physical properties of novel perovskite-related oxide heterostructures (i.e. thin films, superlattices). The successful candidate will be involved in setting up a new deposition system, sample growth and advanced characterization of the electronic properties (i.e. magnetism, transport) of the grown oxide heterostructures.
The researcher will be based in the stimulating multidisciplinary environment of Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien, Austria), and will also benefit from strong collaborations with international experimental and theory groups. Measurements in synchrotron are also planned, as well as participation in international conferences.
- PhD in experimental condensed matter (preferably in oxide heterostructures)
- In-depth knowledge of the research area, publications, presentations
- Skillful and responsible in experimental work
- Experience in growth, structural characterization, transport and/or magnetism is advantageous
- Knowledge in programming is useful
- Interest in performing research in the field as well as supervising and working with students
- Very good communicative skills, team competences, and innovative ability
- High proficiency in spoken and written English is mandatory
- Research and project activity, including setting up new equipment
- Writing and publishing research papers
- Collaboration on research and teaching tasks as well as examinations
- Cooperation and guidance of students
- Participation and organization of (scientific) events
Entry level salary as a postdoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 4.061,50/month gross, 14 times/year. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
The application documents shall include a CV, a cover letter (indicating motivation and skills) and the contact details of at least two academic referees. Certifications about the academic educations and employments are obligatory.
Questions should be sent to Prof. Marta Gibert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to receiving your application until 15.03.2022.