The Condensed Matter Physics Division-GEFES of RSEF provides up to 5 awards amounting to 1500 € (including taxes) for research works on Condensed Matter performed by undergraduate students under the supervision of GEFES members. The work by the students should start on 15 July 2019 and end on 18 December 2019. The selection of the awardees will be notified by e-mail on 7 July 2019. The payment will take place in July by bank transfer.
- Undergraduate students at the end of one of their final two years.
- Students must choose a tutor among researchers who are members of GEFES.
- The performed work should be different from any previous work by the student (for example, work done for any particular subject of their undergraduate studies), but it can be a continuation of previous work.
- These awards are not compatible with simultaneous ones of similar characteristics.
The deadline for applications is 21 June 2019 (23.59 h). The candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org providing:
- Name and surname of the candidate.
- Name, surname and affiliation of the supervisor.
- Title of the research topic of their choice.
- Copy of their marks (expediente académico). The document should include information about ALL the subjects and credits passed up to the application date.
The tutor should be in copy of the email.
The evaluation committee will be composed by members of the GEFES board.
The applications will be ranked following the applicants’ marks average (expediente académico).
Students will present
A report of the work performed with a maximum length of 5 pages plus a non-technical short summary in Spanish for the general public should be submitted electronically to email@example.com by 18 December 2019 (deadline). The report and summary will be publicized at gefes-rsef.org.