This School is organized within the summer program of the University of Basque Country “Cursos de verano”. The event is sponsored by the Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC). The conference venue is in Palacio de Miramar, in Donostia-San Sebastián.
One of most fundamental issues about matter is to understand states of matter and the associated internal orders: Topology and lattice symmetries play a key role here. Topological states of matters are of fundamental interests for the their exotic properties manifest already at the single-particle description level.
The aim of this one week school is to introduce students to the recently developed field of topological states of matter. The main goal is to cover basic and advanced aspects of the field, including a set of lectures explaining practically how to perform a first principle approach to the problem.
Conference poster available here.
Website of the conference: here
LECTURERS AND TOPICS
Confirmed keynote lecturers:
- Alexander Altland (University of Cologne)
- Mois Aroyo (UPV/EHU Bilbao)
- Andrei Bernevig (Princeton University)
- Claudia Felser (Max Planck Dresden)
- Ingrid Mertig (University of Halle-Wittenberg)
- Alexey Soluyanov (ETH Zürich)
- Ivo Souza (CFM,UPV/EHU Donostia-San Sebastián)
The program for the school will be released around mid December. It will include lectures on:
- group theory/classification of crystals
- classification of topological matter
- ab-initio calculations
- topological insulators
- Weyl metals and semimetals
- topological superconductors
- materials design
December 2015: Official school announcement and registration opening
April 24th, 2016 : Registration deadline
22nd to 26th August: Topological Matter School in Donostia-San Sebastián
Dario Bercioux (DIPC Donostia-San Sebastián)
M. Reyes Calvo (NanoGune Donostia-San Sebatián)
Maia G. Vergniory (DIPC Donostia-San Sebastián)
François Konshelle (CFM Donostia-San Sebastián)