The workshop will be held on May 14th-15th, 2015 in Salerno, Italy.
This is the first of a series of meetings that will be organized in the framework of the FP7 European FET-OPEN Project “CNTQC – Curved Nanomembranes for Topological Quantum Computation” (http://www.nano2qc.eu).
Since the event is completely funded by the European Commission, there will be no registration fee.
The aim of the workshop is to join together leading scientists involved in the study of topological and spin phenomena in advanced nanostructures and materials.
The topics will cover both theoretical and experimental aspects, with a special focus on:
• Compact three-dimensional nanoarchitectures with curved geometries: fabrication and characterization
• Structural, magnetic and electronic properties of nanostructures
• Spin-transport and spin orbit effects in low-dimensional systems
• Superconducting heterostructures: proximity effects, Andreev reflections and topological states
During the workshop we will have the pleasure to host the following invited speakers:
• Dr. Cristian Batista (Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA)
• Prof. Pietro Gambardella (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
• Prof. Hans Hilgenkamp (University of Twente, Netherlands)
• Dr. Georgios Katsaros (JKU Linz, Austria)
• Prof. Daniel Loss (University of Basel,Switzerland)
• Prof. Yoshiteru Maeno (Kyoto University, Japan)
• Prof. Yukio Tanaka (Nagoya University, Japan)
We sincerely hope that you will be able to attend the Workshop and come to Italy next May enjoying the beauties of Campania.
For further information please visit the workshop website http://top.spin.cnr.it