GEFES is the Condensed Matter Physics Division of the Spanish Royal Physics Society (RSEF). Our mission is to give visibility to Condensed Matter Physics in Spain, to provide a means of networking within our community and to represent our members’ interests.
In order to accomplish these goals we organize various activities throughout the year and gather information of interest in this webpage. Among our activities we highlight the following:
- We organize our GEFES scientific meetings every two years. You can find information about all our meetings since 2001 here. The next one, CMD2020GEFES, will be organized together with the Condensed Matter Division of the European Physical Society in Madrid, August 31st to September 4th, 2020.
- Our best thesis in Condensed Matter Physics award has become a reference in the community since its first edition in 2012.
- Research awards for undergraduate students who want to do research under the supervision of a GEFES member.
- We participate with specialized symposia in the RSEF biennial meetings.
- We grant travel bursaries to our youngest members to encourage their participation in Condensed Matter Physics conferences.
- Every quarter we highlight in gefes-rsef.org the best paper published by a young GEFES member (up to 6 years after their PhD). The author of the best paper of the year is invited to give a talk in one of our scientific meetings.
In our webpage you can find information about research groups, job openings, conferences (with a special section highlighting the ones organized by our members), research news and open calls and members’ news.
Not a member of GEFES yet? Join us!
- Click http://rsef.es/area-de-miembros/formulario-de-inscripcion-en-la-rsef to join RSEF and GEFES.
- If you are already a member of RSEF, you can join GEFES in this link: http://rsef.es/area-de-miembros/formulario-de-actualizacion-de-datos-de-socios.